The Cabinet of Ministers, Ukraine’s government provided clarifications on international traffic and the operation of checkpoints after the border was closed on March 16.
When Ukraine will close borders for foreigners?
On March 16, from 00:01, entry for two weeks will be prohibited to foreign citizens who do not have a right to permanent or temporary residence in Ukraine.
2. Which foreigners will be able to enter Ukraine?
Foreign citizens who have a permanent or temporary permit in Ukraine.
3. Ukrainian citizens could enter Ukraine?
They can, at border crossing point, the temperature checks is performed. Upon returning from countries where cases of coronavirus are reported, if there are symptoms, Ukrainians will undergo observation.
4. Do Ukrainian citizens need to return home quickly?
There are no time limits. But through three days, regular international air traffic will stop.For those who can’t return in this time, we recommend contacting the nearest Ukrainian consulate. Returning home will be possible on non-scheduled flights.
5. Do international shipping stop after borders close ?
No, The restrictions do not apply to international shipping. Foreign crews of aircraft, ships, cars, aircraft will also be able to stop off in Ukraine, but will undergo a medical examination.
6. What is the latest information on transport links with Neighboring countries?
1) Slovakia restricted entry for foreigners from 8 AM on March 13th. Airlines, bus and passenger rail services are suspended. International shipping does not stop, however, drivers of vehicles must be provided with protective equipment. Airports will be open only for cargo.
2) Moldova stops air traffic with all of Europe, starting from Sunday, March 15, from 12:00 night.
3) Poland introduced a temporary baned on entry for foreigners. the night of Saturday, from March 14 to March 15. Then the international air and railway communication will be suspended. For the period of termination of passenger traffic with Poland, Ukrainian Railways
“Ukrzaliznytsia” will not send trains toPoland. Intercity trains will run to Lviv. Airline ticket sales canceled or suspended. Refunds for previously purchased travel documents are carried out in all “Ukrzaliznytsia” offices, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Tickets purchased online can be returned on the website booking.uz.gov.ua or in the UZ mobile application.
4) Czech Republic closes country’s borders for entry and exit from midnight on March 16. “Starting from midnight of March 16, a complete ban will be imposed on leaving the Czech Republic. Foreigners who have lived or have been in Czech Republic for more than 90 days are also not allowed to travel, ”Czech Minister of Interior affairs Jan Hamacek said.
5) Bulgaria by the end of the week will announce a list of countries where citizens are not allowed to travel, as well as a list of countries whose citizens will not be allowed into country.
7. What about the freight transportation to EU countries?
1) borders between Italy and Slovenia: Slovenia has limited the transit of freight vehicles from Italy to Slovenia. Only permitted if the final destination is Slovenia or if the trucks are loaded with mails, medical equipments or pharmaceuticals and humanitarian aid. Italy also plans to close its borders from Slovenia to Italy.
2) borders between Croatia and Slovenia: the border is closed to the movement of heavy vehicles and vehicles from Italy to Croatia.
3) borders between Hungary and Slovenia: The border is closed to all traffic from Italy to Hungary.
4)borders between Austria and Slovenia: currently no restrictions.
An interactive map of “coronavirus Europe” can be viewed at .. All Europe “got sick” – interactive map of distribution of COVID-19 on March 12.